it is my first time to paly the game and this my record
A Long Way Down
Submission for ScoreSpace Jam #6 | Theme: Karma
Q: How does this game relate to the theme ?
A: According to the theory of Karma, what happens to a person, happens because they caused it with their actions. We decided to incorporate this element into our game through the player killing enemies. Although killing enemies gives the player more points, they will suffer in the future as the game will become harder from the additional bullets from the dead enemies.
Q: What is the goal of the game? How do you play this game?
A: Make your way down a labyrinth full of monsters. and get as far down as possible to get the highest score. Avoid incoming bullets from enemies or kill them for more points! Beware though, your actions have consequences.
Move with the "AD" or "left/right arrow "keys.
Jump with the "W", "up arrow" or space bar.
Made by ye bois -
And it all started with one drawing...
|Platforms||Windows, Linux, HTML5|
|Authors||SoulBounded, Jarrett Ang|
|Tags||2D, Arcade, Casual, Difficult, Endless, Procedural Generation, Short, Side Scroller, Singleplayer|
|Average session||A few minutes|
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Just getting started.
Good news, bad news. Love the shrinking bullets and the point increase from the enemies. Makes it waaaay more tempting to stomp them, or at least less mad when I stomp one by accident. Bad news is still pretty funny news, though.
lmao, thanks for finding that
surprise mechanic bug, ill add fixing it to my tasks for next week.
Wow, thanks for being very dedicated and playing for like 5+ hours, well deserved victory! Also I've watch the 30 minutes video of you
suffering playing and would like to share a list of changes I would make when I'm free to update this game.
- Restart key button for quick restart
- Stats count tracker (Deaths, kills, lifetime points, etc)
- Bullets life decay (goodbye lingering shallow bullets)
- Make enemies turn closer to the obstacles (instead of halfway across the world)
- Reduce turret sensor range (so they stop shooting after 1 level)
- No damage grace period after hit
- Lessen the pacifist bonus penalty for killing
- Add fast falling on "down" press
- Reduce the difficulty curve
- Redo enemy spawn balancing (Life will stop shoving 50 lemons down your throat every 5 levels)
- Karma "Dead" bullet should wrap
- Increase points for killing enemies owo
Although updating the game won't save high scores so that's a problem.
Hey! Are you guys in our discord?
Your browser does not support any of the required graphics API for this content. how to fix
Sorry! The only ways to fix this are to either
- Update your browser version
- Change browsers
- Download the zip of the game for your platform instead
For reference, can you tell us the browser you are using?
Really cool! I wish there was an option to fastfall though. -KB
Thanks for hosting this game jam and trying out our game! The fastfall mechanic was considered but unfortunately we did not have enough time. Glad you enjoyed playing the game :)
Thanks for playing! Are we allowed to update the web version of ALWD after the jam voting/competition ends?
I cannot rate this game even though it's good.